July 14, 2014 by DS Examiner
I could go on and on about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers. How job openings are predicted to soar to over one million by 2020. How the U.S. government is freaking out that students aren’t prepared.
But I won’t. Because, frankly, this guide to STEM opportunities is for you:
- You’re going to take the first step on Mars.
- You’re going to plant farms on skyscrapers.
- You’re going to discover a cure for cancer.
Nuclear fusion. Virtual reality. Clean water for all. With the world facing 14 Grand Challenges for Engineering, your interest in math and science is set to pay off—big time.
- You’ll be the one using your problem-solving skills to find answers to impossible challenges.
- You’ll be the scientist leading an exploration of the Mariana Trench or the engineer building a next-generation robot.
- You’ll be the graduate finding a great job and earning a hefty salary.
It’s your life. Know that amazing things are possible.
- 1 STEM Fun for Kids Grades K-12
- 2 STEM Fun for Elementary School Kids
etc, etc, etc…