Here are some questions rised by Dirk Helbing in the first chapter of his new book to be soon published. An advice : buy the book and read it asap
· Living in the age of “Big Data”
· Data sets bigger than the largest library
· Will a digital revolution solve our problems?
· Big Data Gold rush for the 21st century’s oil
· Will Artificial Intelligence overtake us?
· When Big Data starts to steer our lives
· The cybernetic society
· Wise kings and benevolent dictators, fueled by Big Data
· Do we need to sacrifice our personal freedom?
· Who will rule the world?
· Two scenarios: coercion or freedom
…. « As I will explain further on, to support largely autonomous decisions and processes and the coordination of them, we would have to
1. create participatory opportunities,
2. support informational self-control,
3. increase distributed design and control elements,
4. add transparency for the sake of trust,
5. reduce information biases and noise,
6. enable user-controlled information filters,
7. support socio-economic diversity,
8. increase interoperability and innovation,
9. build coordination tools,
10. create digital assistants,
11. support collective (“swarm”) intelligence,
12. measure and consider external effects (“externalities”),
13. enable favorable feedback loops,
14. support a fair and multi-dimensional value exchange,
15. increase digital literacy and awareness. » …..
· A better future ahead of us
· On the way to a smarter digital society
Accordingly, in future we are planning to extend the functionality of the App and user control of the data you have decided to share. It will take time though to provide all functionality we have in mind and to continuously increase security standards. This will be gradually done, as announced on the Nervousnet-related forums and websites (http://nervousnet.ethz.ch), and we would like to cordially invite you to contribute to the development of this system, which we envisage to be a system by citizens for citizens, similar to Wikipedia or OpenStreetMap. So, please test Nervousnet 1.0 beta, give us feedback (email@example.com), and help!
For more info :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Lphxknozc ==> a very good introduction to begin
Dirk Helbing: Keynote: How to Create a Better World
or …. some other youtube videos ! ===> ./.